The Tier 2 Development Technician is primarily responsible for report writing, synch support, and general support. At Grasp, our “customer” includes both our internal teams, as well as, the external client. As an ideal candidate, you have an innate sense of curiosity and love solving puzzles. You see complex challenges as opportunities not frustrations. You are very organized, love helping people to excel, and get excited about the technological advances we bring to the industry.
This role is perfect if you have that rare combination of strong attention to detail and ability to see the big picture. Your motto is seek first to understand, then be understood; so listening and digging deeper are two of your key strengths. Your ability to communicate complicated errors or concepts in “layman’s terms” to end-users and other support specialists will make you successful in this position. You have a passion for data and appreciate the power it provides when provided accurately and timely.
Summary of essential job functions
• Report Dashboarding, Crystal Reports, and Grasp Report Builder.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance lifecycle for all new and existing Grasp reports.
• Gather client reporting requirements, determine scope of work, quote new requests, design and build reports.
• Quality control; verify report performs accurately and is user friendly for the customer.
Synch Support and General Support:
• Primary support on Back office and GDS synchronization.
• Gather client synchronization requirements, determine scope of work, quote new requests, design and build synch.
• Provide second-tier analysis of support-related items on all Grasp Technology products and applications including system and report processing errors.
• Support existing legacy reports and reporting environments – investigate issues, resolve and rollout; “hotfix” deployment and documentation.
• Ensure compliance with development standards and reporting best practice protocols at all times.
• Effectively manage all administrative tasks; time tracking per project, communication of status/completion and timely responses.
• Minimum three (3) years professional experience, preferably in a support environment.
• Knowledge of the travel industry from multiple levels including back office accounting, GDS systems, and understanding of end-to-end processes (agent input: from GDS to back office and how it impacts reporting).
• Extensive proficiency writing Crystal Reports with at minimum versions 8.5, 9, 11.
o Crystal Report processing concepts: sub reports, crosstabs, grouping, formulas, shared variables, functions, running totals, graphs, and embedded images vs database.
o Experience with debugging typical report errors and troubleshooting crystal report issues.
• Basic working knowledge of SQL, including some experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
• Experience troubleshooting ETL (extract, translate, load) synchronization processes.
• Using SQL to review data quality and quantity and impact on reporting.
• Excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills.
• Provide coaching and feedback to Tier 1 technicians as needed to minimize the number of escalations to Tier 2.
Grasp Technologies Standards
• We are Genuine
• We are Relentless
• We are Audacious
• We are Scrappy
• We are Passionate
• We act with Integrity
• We are Talented
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Pay Range $52,000 – $80,000/year
Commensurate with experience
Full Time Employment
Last revised 6.13.2016
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to speaking with you!