The Support and Infrastructure Specialist is responsible for delivering exceptional service and support to every customer, every time. At Grasp, our “customer” includes both our internal teams, as well as, the external client. Simply put, you love helping people and have this crazy need to do it right the first time. You succeed by leveraging the strong IT fundamentals you’ve developed, coupled with your innate ability to communicate with any one at any level. You thrive in a small team environment where you get to wear many hats, capable of deftly switching between them as the day, or even hour, demands.
As the ideal candidate, your motto is “how you do anything is how you do everything”. You love working the small tasks as well as the large projects. You see unhappy customers as opportunities not headaches. You have strong time management, follow-through and an uncanny ability to anticipate needs. Your motto is seek first to understand, then be understood; so listening and digging deeper are two of your key strengths. You have a passion for technology and appreciate its ever changing cycles.
Summary of essential job functions
• Deliver “Helpdesk” technical support services to end-users (internal and external) using varied formats; remote connection, over the Internet, in person and on the phone.
• Participate in the execution of large scale projects; internal and external.
• Responsible for designing solutions for Small business environments that maximize cost effectiveness and functionality requirements.
• Effectively manage all administrative tasks; time tracking per project, communication of status/completion and timely responses.
• Ensure compliance with development standards and reporting best practice protocols at all times.
• 5 + years’ experience providing technical support in a helpdesk environment.
• Must possess a strong Computer Science/Engineering or Information Systems Management background with a broad knowledge of IT technologies and operations.
• Comfortable working in a datacenter racking equipment, running cables and creating cable systems.
• Knowledge of “relevant” software computer applications and equipment; Windows Operations, MS Office applications, Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, Remote Desktop Server
• Must have exceptional communication skills, with abilities to hold conversations with everyone from seasoned, high level technicians to inexperienced, non-technical types. This includes understanding not only how to communicate in many formats, email, phone, chat, etc, but also the capability to actively listen and to diffuse emotional intensity.
• Loves learning something new every day, especially new technologies.
• Must be able to manage broad spectrum of environments, and maintain strong client rapport.
• Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately; Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar
• Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good / Ability to effectively work independently and within a strong team dynamic.
• Must have a strong desire to thoroughly plan your work and diligently work your plan.
Grasp Technologies Standards
• We are Genuine
• We are Relentless
• We are Audacious
• We are Scrappy
• We are Passionate
• We act with Integrity
• We are Talented
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Pay Range $45,000 – $65,000/year
Commensurate with experience
Full Time Employment
Last revised 4.13.2016
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to speaking with you!