We are seeking a Travel Industry Subject Matter Expert / Project Manager.
New clients and custom projects are the backbone of Grasp. We value our clients as partners and want to ensure they utilize our products and services to help them in their business. Bringing on a new client requires finesse to scope out their needs and then provides direction on how our products can help. Custom projects foster innovation and development of new applications and products to continue our company’s growth. You will work closely with the COO for updates and resource allocation. This individual will need to have innovation, foresight, and the ability to anticipate the client’s needs.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, The Grasp Project Manager and Subject Matter Expert is responsible for managing a client implementation or custom project through to completion following Grasp’s processes.
• Gathering requirements, and being a communication bridge between Sales, Clients and Development helps to lay the foundation of project and guarantee success.
• This person will assist to coordinate the needed Grasp team members to complete each implementation or project as well as document and oversee training on the deliverable for the client. They also will help to troubleshoot and service the client during implementation.
The successful candidate with be organized, detail oriented and possess exceptional customer service and communication skills. Possess the ability to maintain a positive attitude and handle multiple assignments. Know how to motivate to produce results.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• High level of Travel Industry Knowledge and Expertise
• Facilitates Medium Level Scope/Requirements call with Client
• Technical Plan – Define project tasks and resource requirements
• Create Internal Technical layout plan
• Coordinates with Schedule to assign PM and check resource availability
• Creates (Continues) Scope of Work (includes hours projection/estimate)
• breaks out Scope into tasks based on notes from call
• Schedules INTERNAL review call with assigned PM, SME, to review scope
• Review open questions, time estimates, projected timelines
• Tentative schedule created
• Schedules final requirements/Scope Review with Client, PM
• Final changes (if applicable)
• Scope, invoice and sign off sent to client
• Manage implementations to completion following the Grasp processes
• Manage custom projects through to completion following the Grasp processes
• Communicate to the client and make sure that the client is meeting the agreed upon milestones Understand the Grasp systems and the non-Grasp systems that must be coordinated and how they will relate to an implementation/project.
• Lead the planning and implementation of project
• Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
• Define project tasks and resource requirements
• Coordinate project staff
• Manage project resource allocation
• Help plan and schedule project timelines
• Track project deliverables
• Provide direction and support to project team
• Quality assurance
• Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
• Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
• Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
• Project evaluations and assessment of results
Experience and Education Required
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Project Management
• PMP certification is preferred, but not required
• Understand basic SQL
• Understand dynamic data relationships for reporting
• Manage multiple assignment workload
• Manage and hold employees accountable
• Ability to interface with customers
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to display resourcefulness in day to day activities
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Planning and organizing
• Influencing and leading
• Team work
• Conflict management
• Stress tolerance
• Deadline and solutions-oriented.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent IT skills
• Level of proficiency in working with internet use/research, mobile devices, and social media
• Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member always in a discreet manner
• Superior Communication Skills
• Effectively and consistently communicates in a positive, courteous, professional and tactful manner by email, telephone and in person with co-workers, management, clients and others. Can write clearly and concise communications with excellent spelling and grammar skills.
• Highly dependable and strong professional demeanor
• Extraordinary customer service skills
• Consistent desire to go the extra mile and do more than what is asked
Being available outside of normal work hours checking email, voice mail and taking care of details as needed. Work hours are generally Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. There may be occasional after hours and weekend support needed. With a growing international base of clients the need for flexibility in work day hours will be required.