This position’s primary objective is to move the strategic data projects for the department forward, while also effectively managing and supporting the demands/needs of today’s production environments. Working closely with the application development and reporting teams will insure optimal performance on all grasp platforms. In addition, this person will serve as the subject matter expert in the areas of database design, database architecture, query tuning and SQL development.
The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for working with database technology, data processing and enterprise data architectures. You understand obstacles and hurdles, and choose to view them as opportunities not frustrations. You have strong attention to detail, follow-through and prefer to get it right the first time. Your motto is be complete, plan your work and work your plan. Since listening and digging deeper are two of your key strengths, you will easily discern requirements from design sessions, and your need to write it down will ensure you get it properly documented.
Summary of essential job functions
• Database Administration – ensure existing infrastructure is not only maintained, but routinely optimized.
o Operational maintenance and performance tuning of existing database environments.
o Will be involved in SQL Server upgrades from 2008R2 to 2014/16.
o Maintain SQL Server best practices in design, development, security and administration.
• Database Design and Development – responsible for timely and accurate completion of client projects and internal database development/infrastructure projects in line with business objectives.
o Implement advanced ETL processes to import and load large datasets and improve efficiency of existing ETL processes.
o Analyze, troubleshoot and performance tune SQL queries, indexes, views, stored procedures, user defined functions, SSIS packages and reports.
• Create and improve Grasp database product/process documentation.
• Effectively manage all administrative tasks; time tracking per project, communication of status/completion and timely responses.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Information system or equivalent 5+ year’s applicable experience.
• 5+ years of SQL Server experience utilizing versions 2008 or higher.
o Experience with SQL Server replication. Working knowledge of SSIS and SSRS.
o Knowledge of SQL Server high availability with hands on experience using SQL Server clustering.
o Working knowledge and experience implementing SQL Server design, development, security and administration best practices
• Excellent T-SQL Programming + tuning skills. Expert in all facets of SQL Server database development in Windows server environments. Strong knowledge of DMVs, SQL Server Profiler, third party performance monitoring tools and performance tuning methodology.
• Experience with large scale database design and development on SQL Server 2008/2008R2 platforms.
• Working experience with implementation of operational automation using scripting languages.
• Strong experience in relational database design and data modeling.
• Strong testing methodology
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, cross-functional setting and can adapt to change
• Independent and takes the initiative, values dealing with unique and complex situations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
Grasp Technologies Standards
• We are Genuine
• We are Relentless
• We are Audacious
• We are Scrappy
• We are Passionate
• We act with Integrity
• We are Talented
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.