Title Crystal Report Writer
Department(s) Development Team
This position’s primary objective is to produce exceptional reports for every customer, every time. At Grasp, our “customer” includes both our internal teams, as well as, the external client. You’ll use your varied knowledge of technology and business processes to think of creative ways to solve problems.
As the ideal candidate, you have an innate sense of curiosity and love solving puzzles. You see complex challenges as opportunities not frustrations. You have that rare combination of strong attention to detail and ability to see the big picture. Your motto is seek first to understand, then be understood; so listening and digging deeper are two of your key strengths. You have a passion for data and appreciate the power it provides when provided accurately and timely.
Summary of essential job functions
• Responsible for the development and maintenance lifecycle (cradle to grave) for all new and existing Grasp reports.
• Gather client requirements, determine scope of work, quote new requests, design and build reports.
• Support existing legacy reports and reporting environments – investigate issues, resolve and rollout; “hotfix” deployment and documentation.
• Ensure compliance with development standards and reporting best practice protocols at all times.
• Provide support to the reporting and development team as needed.
• Effectively manage all administrative tasks; time tracking per project, communication of status/completion and timely responses.
• Extensive proficiency writing Crystal Reports with at minimum versions 8.5, 9, 11. Skills to include:
o Understanding of Crystal Report processing – evaluation and passes.
o Subreports and crosstabs. Grouping, formulas, shared variables, functions, running totals, graphs, embedded images vs database.
o Experience with debugging typical report errors and troubleshooting crystal report issues
o Applicant must pass Crystal Report proficiency test administered during hiring process.
• Experience/knowledge (in addition to crystal) of SSRS reporting services
• Experience managing large report libraries and or doing report conversion from Crystal to SSRS across multiple application platforms.
• Sql Server 2008, 2014 – query writing, design, indexing, schema changes, imports.
• Working Knowledge of Excel.
• Knowledge of the travel industry from multiple levels including understanding of end-to-end processes (agent input- to back office accounting-to impact on reporting).
• Ability to handle large volumes of work
• Strong capacity to cope with interruptions and changes.
• Loves learning something new every day, especially new technologies.
• Ability to validate report accuracy before it goes to client; does report make sense, does anything look suspicious
• Organization is a must. A person who likes to plan their work, then work their plan.
Grasp Technologies Standards
• We are Genuine
• We are Relentless
• We are Audacious
• We are Scrappy
• We are Passionate
• We act with Integrity
• We are Talented
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Pay Range $55,000 – $85,000/year
Commensurate with experience
Full Time Employment
Last revised 4.4.2016
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to speaking with you!